On July 25, we will start moving back indoors in the sanctuary for a full reopening on September 12. Locations and times change during the summer, so please check our full summer schedule.
What time? 10:00 AM!
What links do I use to worship on-line?:
All outdoor services will be streamed on the same link we have been using for virutal worship since March 2020:
Click here to join us for Worship Services on Zoom
Meeting ID: 838 3236 7295
Click here to join on You Tube Live and for recorded services on YouTube.
What do I need to know about worshipping in person in the sanctuary? We are really excited to see you and hope you come. Also, we understand that everyone has different comfort levels with COVID-reopening. We want to do our best to respect everyone. That is who we are!
- No RSVPs; just come as you are. We will have a sign in sheet for contact tracing if needed. Safety remains essential.
- Please do not attend if you have any COVID symptoms.
- With July 27th's announcement from the CDC regarding masks, in order to protect the immunocompromised and children in our households and church community, our masking policy is as follows:
- While indoors in public spaces in the church building, all people over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask correctly over mouth and nose. This new mask policy applies both to those who are fully vaccinated and those who are not vaccinated. When inside, we ask that all people, when possible, distance 6 feet from people not in their household.
- When outside, for those who are fully vaccinated masks are not required. For children under 12, when outside, masks are at the discretion of the parent/ guardian. We ask that those who are over 12 and have not yet been vaccinated wear a mask.
- We encourage everyone to maintain 6ft distance between households.
- We will continue with no congregational singing. There will also be no coffee/ treat fellowship provided. (We are working towards plans towards outdoor congregational table fellowship in the fall!)
What else do I need to know about worshipping outside?
From June 6-July 18, we will worship God outside in the church garden. Due to COVID safety precautions, there will be no singing at the services. RSVPs are not needed.
What about the weather? We will post by noon the Saturday before ( the day before) if the service will be on-line only. If there is unexpected rain, the service will be on-line only. Check the website!
If you can, please bring:
- Your own chair (we will provide some), and will have ushers to help us get more if needed
- Water, a sun-hat, and sunscreen. You can even bring an umbrella! (We have three tents but not enough to fit everyone.)
- A print out of the bulletin linked above or phone/ tablet so you can access the digital bulletin. (We also have some printed copies.)
What should I wear?
Wear whatever you'd like. Most people will be dressed casually, and some will dress up a bit. Remember, outdoor worship services may be hot and sunny, so dress for the weather!
How do I get to the church?
- You can walk or bike. We have a bike rack on parking lot by the Little Free Library.
- You can drive (most of us do). There is a parking lot on the Irving Street side of the church (and street parking)
- You can take the metro or bus. We are very close to the Clarendon Metro Station.
Tell me more about Clarendon Presbyterian Church's Worship service:
Our services include sermons reflecting on the Bible and God's call for us for today, beautiful live music, shared prayers and liturgy, and time after service for fellowship in small groups.
We are a LGBTQIA+ celebrating congregation, so our services seek to celebrate all of God's beautiful creation. We are also a people of faith and of doubt, so our words spoken seek to reflect our backgrounds and perspectives.
We gather for communion (the Lord's Supper) served on the first Sunday of every month as part of the worship service. We will provide communion. For safety reasons, you are also welcome to bring your own. All are invited (but certainly not required) to participate in communion.
We welcome every voice both in worship and in planning for it. Contact Pastor Alice with questions about worship at CPC or for information about weddings and memorial services.