Our congregation supports one another through a variety of gatherings where we can grow in faith, deepen connections with each other, and the serve alongside the community. Please email Pastor Alice Tewell to connect and for more information. A great way to connect is for Alice to take invite you for coffee! (not required, but offered)
As of September 2022, here are our current offerings:
Bible Study & Spiritual Formation
- Restoration Bible Study from NEXT Church, second Sundays from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm in the sanctuary. Sept 11, October 9, Nov 13, Dec 11, Jan 8. You are welcome to join anytime. In a world of surface level self-care practices, what does the Bible say about faithful restoration? The Restoration Bible Study features three church leaders from diverse backgrounds, contexts, and theological lenses who seek to answer that question. Journey with these leaders through a Bible study video series and accompanying reflection guides. Topics include sabbath, environmental justice, inequities around rest, racial justice, post-pandemic church life, and the tension between tradition and vision.
- The CPC Racial Justice Study and Action Group is currrently looking for the next topic! More coming soon. The Racial Justice Study and Action Group supports racial equality and encourages personal growth and understanding. Recent books read include “How to Be an Antiracist” by Ibram Kendi, “White Fragility” by Robin DiAngelo, and “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett. Find a list of our titles here.
- The Prayer Check in group meets on a weekday afternoon on Zoom. We are finding a new time for the fall!
- Playground Church, 3rd Sundays 5-6 pm in the Clarendon Presbyterian Playground. Playground Church is a special church experience designed for families! We hope that this is the community families with young children may be looking for! Please contact Pastor Alice to volunteer!
- LGBTQIA+ Pride! We LOVE PRIDE, and in June have many special events. We also celebrate Pride all year round!
- Potlucks. Starting back in 2022, we are hosting potlucks and special meal events to get to know each other better. Our next potluck is after church on September 25 to welcome all new members who have joined since the beginning of COVID.
- Game Night or Game Saturday afternoons. These are coming back this fall! Let Alice know if you are interested and she will put you in touch with the host!
After a long safety pause due to COVID, the choir is starting back during the fall of 2022! The choir sings on the 2nd and 4th Sundays in church at 10 am. Rehearsals are on the 1st Wednesday at 7:30 pm at the Church of the Covenant and the 3rd Wednesdays at 7:30 pm at Clarendon Presbyterian Church. Ms. Taisha Estrada is our Director of Music. She is a gifted educator, performer, and church music leader. You will enjoy working with her and can see her play with one of her fantastic bands throughout the region. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and the exact schedule. We would love to have you! All voice talents and abilities are welcome.
- The V.O.I.C.E. Cohort (community organizing) comes together other faith insiutitons and our neighbors to build power for affordable housing and mental health services.
- Our Plot Against Hunger Garden team grows over 500 lbs a food a year for the community while enjoying the outside together. The garden team works together April - October of each year. Harvest days are usually on Mondays. Watering opportunities are most days. We love it when kids/ families sign up to water!
- The Food and Toiletry Drive group organizes and hosts a monthly drive for Bridges to Independence and New Hope Housing. Second Saturdays of the month, 10 am - 12 pm. All are welcome! This group both has consistent volunteers every month AND always has new people joining! Very kid/ family friendly.
- The Sandwich and Lunch making group makes lunches for New Hope Housing Safe Haven program the 4th Wednesdays of the month from 7-8 pm in the sanctuary. This is a fund intergenerational way to get involved. Very kid/ family friendly.
- The Mission Cohort is a way to get connected with others who deeply care about the community. The group meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
- The Worship and Outreach team helps plan for our overall calendar for worship and outreach. This group meets quarterly.
- The Vision Team leads strategic planning for the church commissioned by the Session (the board).
- Our Session (the church board) and Board of Deacons take care of the overall running and care of the church.
Let us know how you would like to get connected! Email Pastor Alice.