Our congregation supports one another through a variety of gatherings where we can grow in faith, deepen connections with each other, and the serve alongside the community. Please email Pastor Alice Tewell at email@example.com to connect and for more information.
- LGBTQIA+ Pride! We LOVE PRIDE, and in June have many special events. We also celebrate Pride all year round! We are looking to host LGBTQ groups for special events in 2023. Please contact us if you have an event you would like space or support on.
- Potlucks. We host potlucks and special meal events to get to know each other better.
- Game Nights often with food and treats!
Mission, Outreach and Community Organizing
- The V.O.I.C.E. Cohort (community organizing) comes together other faith insiutitons and our neighbors to build power for affordable housing and mental health services.
- Our Plot Against Hunger Garden team grows over 500 lbs a food a year for the community while enjoying the outside together. The garden team works together April - October of each year. Harvest days are usually on Mondays. Watering opportunities are most days. We love it when kids/ families sign up to water!
- The Food and Toiletry Drive group organizes and hosts a monthly drive for Bridges to Independence and New Hope Housing. Second Saturdays of the month, 10 am - 12 pm. All are welcome! This group both has consistent volunteers every month AND always has new people joining! Open to all of, of all ages.
- The Sandwich and Lunch making group makes lunches for New Hope Housing Safe Haven program the 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month after worship in the lower level fellowship hall. Open to all whether or not you come to worship.
Bible Study & Spiritual Formation
- We are planning a Bible Study on the Book of Revelation and Climate Change. Let Pastor Alice know if you are interested.
- The CPC Racial Justice Study and Action Group is currrently looking for the next topic! More coming soon. The Racial Justice Study and Action Group supports racial equality and encourages personal growth and understanding. Recent books read include “How to Be an Antiracist” by Ibram Kendi, “White Fragility” by Robin DiAngelo, and “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett. Find a list of our titles here.
- Playground Church, 4 pm on May 7, 21, June 4 and 11. Check back for more dates If you have a young child and would like to connect, please email Pastor Alice. Playground Church is a special church experience designed for families! We hope that this is the community families with young children may be looking for!
The choir sings on the 2nd and 3th Sundays in church at 10 am. Rehearsals are at 9:30 am directly before worship . Ms. Taisha Estrada is our Director of Music. She is a gifted educator, performer, and church music leader. You will enjoy working with her and can see her play with one of her fantastic bands throughout the region. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and the exact schedule. We would love to have you! All voice talents and abilities are welcome.
- The Mission Cohort is a way to get connected with others who deeply care about the community. The group meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm on Zoom.
- The Outreach and Growth Team focuses on growth in the church and supporting LGBTQ groups and people. This group meets quarterly.
- The Vision Team leads strategic planning for the church commissioned by the Session (the board).
- Our Session (the church board) and Board of Deacons take care of the overall running and care of the church.
Let us know how you would like to get connected! Email Pastor Alice.